Friday, March 21, 2008

Rest in Peace, little Molly

Our beloved hamster Molly took a noticeable turn for the worse yesterday; her edema was very pronounced, she could barely walk, wasn't eating right...and she had stopped grooming herself at all. Plus she was breathing and shaking in a tell-tale way that indicated she was often in pain.



Yesterday I called the nice folks at Cats & Critters here in Rochester and made an appointment. Tonight at about 7:15pm, after much cuddling and a tasty last meal of cucumbers and cheese, we put Molly to sleep and she was cremated.


I know it was the right thing to do. So does my wife. But nonetheless it was a very, very sad evening for both of us.

I miss our hamster.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know your heart is broken. Just be thankful that her sufferring is over and she is at peace. What if she had just run away and expected you to stop loving her and your heart to stop breaking every minute of every day? That would be much harder to live with. God bless you.